To the right you’ll notice a a screenshot of a client of mine. Julian has been a reputable business guy with a thriving online lobster business. He’s the kind of fisherman that captivates the true essence of everything you think of when shopping fresh, Maine lobster. But as we all have done some crazy things in our past, his caught up with him online. His name use to rank very high on Google for a few derogatory listings. Ouch, I know. The instigating keyword (no surprise there) was his name, ‘Julian Klenda.’ If you’re wondering what my secret sauce was helping him repair his problem, it wasn’t rocket science. Actually, since he already owned a progressive online lobster store, we did the old double-whammy routine.
- First we focussed on cleaning up his Google relevancy standards.
- We did #1 by building better content on his business site.
- Check out his case study.
- Next we syndicated genuine text and video content.
- Then we waited (I know, this part is a bit of a bummer).
- Next we did a few more rounds optimizing his site content.
- As his rankings began to grow, his negative listings shrank.
It sounds too easy right? Well, it involves a radical persistence to keyword density management. So what’s Julian rep now? Why don’t you check. Google Julian Klenda and see what’s on the first page.
- The content is relevant enough to capture rankings
- The domain the content resides has an aged domain
- You’ve done a piss poor job optimizing your keywords
Need help with your bad rep?
Never before in history have so many APIs been firing on all cylinders than now. The software industry is on a fast train to more jobs, projects and products. I dusted off some of my favorite gems for this post. Ones I have borrowed and integrated into my projects....
After nearly a decade writing API documentation for companies of all sizes, I have a handful of confessions to make. Exported API reference documentation went out with disco. Okay, maybe that's a stretch. But it's spot-on when it comes to the struggles thousands of...
1. API technical writer technology & UI/UX skills They possess experience in UI/UX design. As an API technical writer, they thrive helping build exceptional user experiences. Can they edit or manage the publishing of API reference documentation? I hope so....